On Monday night’s Council meeting I moved the following motion successfully
- Council write to VicRoads expressing its disappointment of the lack of consultation with Council on what Council believes is a very important problem of heavy vehicles through its City.
- Council urgently request a briefing from VicRoads regarding the proposed nigh time truck bans on Rosanna Road and Greensborough Highway and proposed truck bans on other roads within Banyule.
- Council request VicRoads arrange for night time truck traffic counts and noise volume monitoring on the following roads before the proposed commencement of the truck ban on Rosanna Road/Greensborough Highway and during the ban.
- Banksia Street (Lower Heidelberg Road to Waterdale Road)
- Upper Heidelberg Road (Heidelberg Road to Banksia Street)
- Waterdale Road (Livingstone Street to Bell Street)
- Oriel Road (Livingstone Street to Bell Street)
- Bell Street (Upper Heidelberg Road to Darebin Creek bridge)
- Cape Street
- and any other streets nominated by Council.
- Council write to the Minister for Roads and Road Safety and ask to include Upper Heidelberg Road in the truck bans.
- Council arrange appropriate communication to local residents under the letterhead of the Ward Councillors.
- The State Member for Ivanhoe and other local State and Federal Members of Parliament and all local Upper House members be advised of Council’s resolution.”
Moved: Cr Jenny Mulholland
Seconded: Cr Tom Melican CARRIED
Residents are advised that Vicroads will be holding community information meetings as follows:
Thursday 6th August 4pm to 7pm Warringal Shopping Centre
Saturday 8th August 10am to 12 noon Warringal shopping centre
I will look forward to seeing you there.
- 12/08/15 “Truck ban kickback fears” Heidelberg Leader 11/08/15
- 10/08/15 VicRoads Rosanna Rd Truck Curfew community reference group
- 24/09/13 Banyule Council Transport Advocacy