As a ward Councillor you need to make decisions that benefit the whole City. Greensborough is designated as a Principal activity centre and Council made the decision to completely rebuild a state of the art aquatic centre on the site of the previous open air pool which only operated for three months of the year. This facility will act as a stimulus for the growth of Greensborough as a Principal activity centre.
- Health Club with over 120 pieces of equipment (850 sq m)
- 3 Group exercise studios – group fitness, wellness & cycle studios
- 50 metre indoor pool which can be converted to 2 x 25m pools
- Learn to swim pool
- Leisure/toddler pool
- Australia FIRST tantrum alley water slide
- Huge water play space including a ‘zero depth’ play area
- Warm water therapy pool
- Spa, steam and sauna
- Personal Training
- Community spaces
‘Greensborough Walk’ and new Main Street crossing are completed including a new signalised pedestrian crossing, altered road alignment and part removal of existing median fencing, urban design improvements, landscaping, feature paving and an enhanced town square. There are only some minor changes to the angled parking arrangements and closure of the laneway from Main Street to the rear of the Main Street shops but improved pedestrian access to the expanded multi deck car park.